Monday 27 April 2020

Well Done

With the weather being a bit better than anticipated I decided to head down to Weldon for a stroll alongside the stream at the Woodland Park. Given that the park had been closed albeit briefly I was somewhat surprised to encounter a group of five people clearly not from the same household strolling along seemingly without a care in the world. It could be that the park might not be reopen for too long if this kind of social distancing is the norm!
Grey Wagtail.

Away from my grumbling my highlight of the day occurred even before I set out for my walk when I had another Osprey passing over the village. A Grey Wagtail was the only other bird to catch my attention, a fine looking male was feeding at the stream near the STW.

Banded Demoiselle and Large Red Damselfly

For the second day running I saw Banded Demoiselle again with the sighting of a male in nettles next to the stream at Weldon. This one's dark eyes suggest that it has been out a bit longer than yesterday's ones. Six Large Red Damselflies were also seen and these included a male near the A43 pond.

Green-veined White and Orange-tip

Today's butterflies were my third Red Admiral in as many days, Peacock, Orange-tip, G-v and Small Whites, Brimstone and Speckled Wood.

Speckled Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment