Tuesday 7 April 2020

Noisy Neighbours

A pair of Magpies are currently in the process of making their nest in a neighbour's hawthorn bush and it's a very noisy affair indeed. With so much time on my hands and only a short (sometimes ish) walk to let me escape my confinement I've had to listen to their almost constant chatter for much of the daytime. It would appear that they have a call for every eventuality and that each and every one should be delivered as loudly as possible, I much prefer the Blackbird that sings from nearby TV aerials!

Neighbours

Yesterday I had a stroll down to Weldon where the Willow Warbler has been joined by another. Much the usual butterflies were flitting around though for the first time this year I saw a couple of male Orange-tips. Sadly I couldn't get a pic, one did settle briefly but was disturbed by a passing car before going on to have a little running battle with another male which took it away from sight.

Garden visitors.

Today I escaped my Magpies (two for joy! I don't think so) for a little bit when I had a short walk around Southwood. There must have been a good arrival of Willow Warblers there as at least six and probably more were singing. A Raven passed over twice and attracted the attention of a Buzzard on its return journey which harassed it until it had flown on. Again I saw the familiar selection of butterflies though today they were joined by my first Small White of the year. Unlike those feisty little Orange-tips from yesterday this one settled for a while and I got a few pictures. Not much else of note and the arrival of a couple of al fresco boozers persuaded me that it was time to return to those Magpies.

Small White.

No comments:

Post a Comment