Monday 28 December 2020

A Short Stroll

 A combination of cold and foggy weather and a few chores that needed doing meant that I kept things very local today with regards to my wildlife wanderings. After two days of long walks my joints certainly were not complaining about taking things easier though it meant that I didn't see much of interest.

Goldfinch and Redwing



My short stroll took me to the area near the sewage works where I ambled around for about an hour. A few Redwings were going about the business of finishing of the haw crop while several Fieldfares passed overhead. Five species of finches added some colour to what was a pretty drab day with Siskin being the most interesting. On the ponds a group of eight Teal were presumably the same flock seen on previous visits while a Grey Wagtail was also a regular visitor. 

Witches Butter


Not a great deal else was on offer today though my eyes were drawn to a bright fungus on an elder branch which turned out to be called Witches Butter, it's bright colour really stood out against such a dreary background.

No comments:

Post a Comment