Saturday 15 June 2024

Will We Ever See Summer?

 Some morning sunshine was enough to tempt me into taking a walk around Priors Hall though in keeping with this year's summer so far I didn't have too long before the rain rolled in. While I did not see that much of interest it was just about enough to keep me going.

Ringed Plover


Not that many butterflies were on the wing though they did include my first Ringlets of the year, at least two fresh looking individuals were noted. Also showing were several Common Blues, a Dingy Skipper and quite a few Speckled Woods. Odes seemed to be rather scarce too with only Large Red and Azure Damselflies present in good numbers. One unidentified dragon was seen but other damsels included Blue-tailed, Common Blue and Red-eyed. Best birds were two Ringed Plovers at the Quarry Lake and several Cuckoos around the ponds. By half ten rain was beginning to fall and I made my way back to Weldon for a lunch date with my wife.

Butterflies





No comments:

Post a Comment