Sunday 9 June 2024

Not Quite Flaming June

 Early morning sunshine soon gave way to the forecast cloud cover while the wind helped to drop temperatures even further making for a rather cold stroll around Wicksteed Park. On my way to catching a somewhat tardy X4 I saw my first Meadow Brown of the year in the Old Village though I couldn't grab a photo before it went on its way.

Variable Damselflies



Not too many birds on view at Wickies and it was a couple of singing Cetti's Warblers that provided the highlight. Odes were a little below par too, the six species of damsels seen included Variable but I didn't see any dragonflies. With no butterflies whatsoever braving the unseasonal conditions I decided to cut my losses and head back into town. The local Peregrines did not let me down as I saw both the male and female at their usual spot before i boarded my similarly tardy bus for the trip home.

Peregrines



1 comment: