Monday 24 June 2024

Marbled Whites

 After my last two outings it was a return to more humble fare this afternoon as I had a short walk around Eurohub on my way home from work. 


Marbled Whites



Today's target was a little more mundane though still an attractive species nonetheless. I've noticed several Facebook posts recently showing pictures of Marbled Whites and I wanted to get in on the action. Weather conditions were cloudy but warm though that wasn't an issue in this case as browns are fairly tolerant of cloud. I found over ten Marbled Whites and eventually several settled allowing me the chance to take a few pics. Joining the Marbleds on the wing were good numbers of Ringlets and Meadow Browns as well as singles of Large Skipper and Speckled Wood. At the pond my  first Brown Hawker of the year was sharing the airspace over it with an Emperor while there were plenty of Common Blues around too.

Ringlet and Meadow Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment