Monday 23 October 2023

Stagecoach - You Suck!

 This morning I took the X4 over to Oundle so that I could have a walk around Barnwell CP. I'd forgotten that it's half term for many schools this week so the park was a tad busier than planned but the weather was pretty decent and I enjoyed my wander around.

Passerine selection.





A brief vigil from the Kingfisher Hide did not produce any views of the star attraction but a Grey Wagtail did pop in for a brief visit. Lowlands Hide was a little more interesting as a variety of passerines came down to feed including a Marsh Tit and Nuthatches. Grey Squirrels seem to have abandoned the feeders here for the time being, their place has been taken by at least three Brown Rats. My walk around the rest of the park added Siskin to the day's list and I also saw a Willow Emerald and Common Darter. As noon approached the park began to get increasingly busy so I set off for a stroll along the river. High flood water limited my explorations as I couldn't go any further than Lower Barnwell Lock which forced me to make a quick return to Oundle.

Willow Emerald and Stagecoach scheduler!



My pleasant if uneventful visit was prolonged for much longer than anticipated thanks to the good people at Stagecoach. They cancelled the 14:17 bus that I intended to catch but did not update the information in the shelter. Thinking that the bus was late I waited...and waited, I checked the Stage coach website but there was no information there. One of my fellow would be passengers called them up and was informed that there was no service today even as an X4 passed in the opposite direction! Eventually we learned that the bus had been cancelled which meant we waited at the stop for ninety minutes which could have been time better spent in the pub! Glad I only have to use this service for leisure, I would not want to have to rely on it for work or anything more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment