Friday 23 October 2020

A Bit Dull

 Another less than exciting day which I spent wandering around Bears Lane and Harry's Park Wood though in fairness it was a bit better than yesterday's slog. One definite plus over yesterday's stroll was a big reduction in the number of doggies that I encountered, I really don't mind dogs but too much of a good thing can be bad for you!


Countryside views.


A flock of about forty to forty five Golden Plovers was seen from Bears Lane, I think that they were feeding in fields next to the A427. Small numbers of Redwings were feeding in the hedgerow and I also found a single Chiffchaff. My first Redpoll of the day was also noted, small numbers were seen throughout the rest of my walk. Highlight was a pair of Ravens that flew over as I was making my way home.


Kestrel and Fieldfares


Harry's Park itself was pretty quiet with only a small number of Siskins and several tit flocks being of any interest. A look around the farmland on the other side of the wood produced a flock of Fieldfares and a good view of Kestrel but not much else. I'm hoping that tomorrow might deliver a little bit more of interest, it can't get much worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment