Monday 22 October 2018

A Bit Boring But Beautiful

Today was the last day of my long weekend and I made something of a tactical error by going over to East Carlton Park. Unfortunately I'd forgotten that it was half term holiday time so as well as the legions of mutt walkers there were loads of kids running around too. That meant the while it was very quiet wildlife wise it was anything but in every other sense! Happily it was at least beautiful so I spent my time wandering around and taking some pictures. Highlight amongst the meagre number of birds seen were a couple of Marsh Tits. Eight pristine looking Red Admirals were feeding on ivy flowers as I left, they're always a treat at this time of the year.

East Carlton Park.

On the way home I did see a pair of Ravens as I neared Corby and several Buzzards showed well but other than that nothing else to report.

Red Admirals.

No comments:

Post a Comment