Monday 20 May 2024

Monday Blues

 The weather was pretty decent when I left work today and that made my decision to go for an after work saunter a relatively easy one. I began in the village where I took a stroll along the stream, not much on offer other than some Azures and a Large Red Damselfly. Moving on I headed towards Willowbrook Industrial Estate and the railway embankment accessed from Cockerell Road. Common Blues and Small Heaths were the most obvious species on view though I did see but didn't manage to photograph a Green Hairstreak. Not much else of interest was seen so I headed off towards Brookfield Plantation.

Large Red Damselfly, Common Blue and Peregrine




I took a little diversion on the way to check on my local Peregrines, luck was with me as I managed to see the female. Brookfield held a small selection of butterflies of which the pick was Dingy Skipper. Amongst the other species a Comma and a male Orange-tip were probably the best on show. I had several brief views of a likely Four-spotted Chaser but couldn't confirm it and the only ode that I could I.D with certainty was Azure Damselfly. On my way home I added Holly Blue and Speckled Wood to my day list near to the power station but did not see much else worthy of note.

Dingy Skipper, Comma and Holly Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment