Monday 6 May 2019

Snorefest

A dull bank holiday in terms of both the weather and the wildlife watching. I hadn't been over to Oundle and Barnwell CP for a while and so had decided to pop over on the X4 this morning. With the weather feeling more like March than May it was hard to believe that it was Spring.

Mandarin

Barnwell was very quiet with four Mandarins and a singing Cetti's Warbler being the only things of note. Despite checking very intently I could not find any damsels and dragons either here or along the Nene. My walk along the river did not produce any decent birds either, the flooded area has all but dried out and a limited amount of water held two Gadwalls and a Wigeon.

I don't blame it - snoozing Greylag.


Realising that today was not going to be my day I decided to head for the bus and while waiting for it to arrive found the day's only highlight. The male Peregrine is still staying loyal to the church spire and I watched it eating a pigeon, at least something had a worse day than me!

Sleeping Peregrine did wake up to finish its meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment