Monday 18 February 2019

Golden Eagles.

So many works of fiction, good and bad, are made into films these days so it would not surprise me if the X4 timetable makes it on to the silver screen. Once again they appeared to have taken a bus out of the schedule leaving me standing at the stop in Weldon for nearly an hour which is a whole new level of ineptness given that they're supposed to be every half hour. If I'd known it was going to take that long I'd have walked home even if it meant missing out on the fly by Little Egret or displaying Red Kites that made my wait marginally less boring. Such a shame that another company can't run a similar service so I could give Stagecoach the old heave ho.

Harry's Park Wood.

Transport difficulties aside I was mindful of it being half term and so avoided any country parks or other brat magnets choosing to have a walk around Harry's Park woods and the surrounding area. Not much sunshine today but still mild, thankfully I managed to dodge the heavy shower that would have otherwise drenched me.

Treecreeper and distant Raven.

Plenty of birds in Harry's Park though most were of the common or garden variety. There seemed to be good numbers of Bullfinches about and I heard their simple song on several occasions while there also seemed to be more Treecreepers today than usual. Best birds were a pair of Ravens on the edge of the woodland, almost certainly the same pair were seen from Bears Lane as they flew out across the fields.

Arty B and W shots, I was a bit bored!

Over all it was not one of my more interesting days but it was impressive seeing a group of seventy or more Red Kites wheeling and soaring over Weldon Landfill. Oh and those golden eagles?, they were adorning the gateposts of a farm on the edge of the wood.

golden eagle, one of a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment