Monday 14 January 2019

Sunrise at Wicksteed

More fun and games waiting around for the X4 again this morning but it did eventually arrive and I was able to get over to Wicksteed Park. Once there I was treated to a lovely sunrise and I was grateful that I had my Nikon with me to take a few pics.

Sunrise.

While I enjoyed my walk around I have to say that there was not much to report. Large numbers of Black-headed Gulls were joined by a couple of Commons and an immature Herring Gull but there was nothing more exciting amongst them. Not many ducks on the main lake, numbers of Tufted Ducks have dropped to about half a dozen and had just one Pochard with them. Teals at least seemed to be a little more numerous than usual while Coots were the commonest species.

Coot and friend, Mallard and Teal.

The fishing lake could not add much more to the list with a similar collection of waterfowl being joined by a Heron but in truth there was very little else of interest. Some days you just have to enjoy the walk and the views and hope that your next trip brings greater rewards!

Black-headed Gull, Greylag Goose and Moorhen.

No comments:

Post a Comment