Sunday, 27 September 2026

It Was All Yellow

 After a first autumnal look at Blatherwycke Lake yesterday I decided to ditch Priors Hall and have a peek at Wellingborough Embankment this morning. The X4 was unusually punctual and after a stroll from the town centre I soon found myself walking alongside the Nene. Occasional sunny spells were interspersed with longer cloudy periods though I did mercifully avoid the rain.

Trio of young Herring Gulls and a Yellow-legged Gull with L B-b and Herring Gull



Cetti's Warblers and Chiffchaffs were both in good voice though in truth it was pretty quiet otherwise. A look at Chester House Lake produced views of good numbers of the larger gulls loafing on the islands but I didn't see anything interesting among them. Beyond the viaduct things remained quiet but a Clouded Yellow butterfly was my only insect of note though sadly it didn't settle and I couldn't get a pic. On my return walk I checked the gulls once again and found a first year Yellow-legged Gull amongst them. With nothing else to detain me I made my way back into town and caught my bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment