Friday 16 August 2024

Shozzer Strikes Again!

 Once the tedious business of work had concluded today I took an early evening visit to Priors Hall in the company of Alan Shorrock. My goal was to hopefully see the male Southern Migrant Hawker that Al had discovered here earlier in the week. Given that this was only the third county record of this attractive migrant and that I'd dipped three times on one of the previous individuals I really wanted to catch up with this one. Mr Shorrock has already found Waxwings and a Wood Warbler this year that have been enjoyed by many observers so the dragon made up quite a hattrick of county wildlife discoveries.

Willow Emerald and Emerald Damselflies.



Before I'd left work I was pleased to see a Sedge Warbler, presumably it was a passage bird moving through and it was a nice addition to my growing work list. At Priors we managed to get some decent flight views of the Southern Migrant Hawker but it disappeared before Phil Rogers joined us. We hung around hoping that it might reappear but unfortunately for Phil it didn't. I was a little annoyed not to get any pics but it does at least motivate me to return over the weekend. Other species showing in the area included my first Emerald Damselfly of the year as well as Willow Emerald, Brown and Migrant Hawker and Ruddy Darter.

No comments:

Post a Comment