Saturday 16 March 2024

Wellingborough Wander

 Today started nice and bright with plenty of sunshine though as the morning progressed more and more clouds rolled in leading to spells of the now all too familiar rain. My travels took me to Wellingborough where I had a stroll along the embankment and carried on as far as Ditchford Lane before returning to the town.

Oystercatcher and Reed Bunting



A Cetti's Warbler was singing from near the Whitworth's building and there was an Oystercatcher feeding in a flooded field near the footbridge. Several Chiffchaffs were singing and there seemed to be a lot of Reed Buntings around the site too. Chester House Lake hosted a Cattle and also a Great White Egret, both were on the opposite shore to me and rather distant though they showed well enough through the bins. Beyond the viaduct there was little to report and I did not manage to find any further Cattle Egrets at Ditchford Lane. Returning towards the town itself I enjoyed further views of the egrets before some moron with their dogs off the lead flushed all the birds from the opposite shore. The egrets headed off along the river while I headed off to the Coach and Horses for a pint and a spot of lunch.

Egret trio.




No comments:

Post a Comment