Sunday 31 March 2024

Grey Skies, No Plover

 Although there were a few brief sunny spells this morning it was for the most part a much greyer state of affairs than it was yesterday. I only had a couple of hours to spare this morning and kept things as local as possible restricting myself to a stroll around Brookfield Plantation. My watching began with a successful check on the local Peregrines, both birds were present and the male was being fairly vocal. The plantation was fairly quiet, Chiffchaffs were amongst the noisiest of songsters. There were still several large flocks of Siskins here as well as a few Redpolls mixed in with them. A Sparrowhawk near the power station was my last sighting of note before I had to head home for a prearranged dinner date.

Peregrines



No comments:

Post a Comment