Sunday 8 September 2024

After The Rain

 Another visit to Eyebrook today though this one began as a solo mission as I managed to get myself a lift over there this morning. My timing was a little off  however as I was caught in several showers but they were mercifully brief and soon gave way to some sunny spells. I'd hoped the weather might bring a decent bird or two in but sadly that did not happen and things kept a very familiar look to them.



Black Tern and Wood Sandpiper



A Raven made a low pass over Sam's Dyke but there was not much on offer either here or at the island. The inflow was a little more interesting with a smattering of waders on view of which a Wood Sandpiper was the highlight. I did not manage to see the Little Stint that was noted by another observer but did OK with everything else. Presumably the same two Black-tailed Godwits from my previous visit were present again and Ringed Plover numbers remained high. At least one Green Sandpiper called as it flew over and there were two mobile and often vocal Greenshanks. Two Ruff, four Dunlin and a Snipe rounded off the wader list while the juvenile Black Tern remained loyal to its favourite buoy. Other birds of interest included a Stonechat and also a juvenile Peregrine which caused widespread panic when it put in a brief appearance before I left.

Greenshank and Spitfire



No comments:

Post a Comment