Monday 25 November 2019

Otter Dodging

Back to my usual routine on a Monday and that meant Barnwell once again, sadly the weather had an all too familiar ring to it as well with grey skies predominant. Unfortunately for me the fish munching super weasels did not show despite my spending a few bum numbing hours in the hide. Given that the river is looking a little clearer at the moment it could be that they've moved on for a bit. That other star of previous shows, Kingfisher, showed but only distantly and for a short space of time. I'm beginning to suspect that they think Kingfisher Hide is an instruction rather than a viewing spot!

Distant Kingfisher and closer Nuthatch.

Without any other distractions I had plenty of time to enjoy the usual selection of birds as they came down to feed on seedy handouts. Marsh Tits were probably the most interesting species seen though I always like to get good views of Nuthatch. Away from the hides there seemed to be a lot of winter thrushes on the move while several small groups of Siskins were seen in the park.


Tits.

With time moving on I had to make my excuses and leave, if I'd known that my bus would be forty five minutes late I might perhaps have stayed a bit longer. Wish Oundle was within reasonable walking distance.

Dunnock, obligatory Barnwell Robin and Grey Squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment