Sunday 26 August 2018

Patchwork Guilt

Knowing that oodles of rain was forecast for today decided my plan for me this morning. Not wanting to get too wet meant a short walk was in order and where better than my neglected old patch? This used to be a regular stomping ground for me but nowadays rarely gets a visit which is the source of some irrational guilt on my part. An hour and a half's wander was more than enough to remind me why I don't call in so often these days!

Patch views

Robins are beginning to sing again albeit a little hesitantly at the moment while Wrens never stopped pouring forth that loud song of theirs. Small parties of tits including Marsh were moving through the trees while the harsh calls of Jays could be heard. There seems to be a lot of fruits and berries around this year and the elder bushes in particular are drawing in Sylvia warblers as they fatten up for their forthcoming long migration. Both Blackcaps and Whitethroats were seen and they may well be joined by further species before too long. Very little else was seen though I enjoyed watching familt parties of Goldfinches feeding on teasel seeds.

Autumn's bounty.

With grey skies being the order of the morning no interesting insects were observed and as the first drops of rain began to fall I turned for home, hopefully tomorrow's weather will be more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment