Monday 12 March 2018

Slow Slog in the Rain

I was suffering from a mild case of Spoonbill envy as I left the house this morning on my way to Oundle. Having seen the weather forecast I decided that it might be best to visit somewhere with hides just in case.
Scenes from a soggy Oundle.

Lots of floodwater around Oundle which meant that my usual route was impassable in places. Although I'd hoped to see some waders it was wildfowl that was taking advantage of the conditions with the five commoner dabbling ducks showing well. Plenty of Black-headed Gulls on the floodwater too which were perhaps migrants returning to breeding sites as most were adults. Very little else around here so I went on my way to Barnwell CP where I sought some shelter from the light rain.
A few of the usual suspects.

Barnwell was quiet as well and I couldn't find much of interest although I enjoyed getting close views of the commoner species. With the weather showing no signs of letting up and having enjoyed a couple of decent days I decided to call it quits and headed off to enjoy a pint or two of Pedigree

No comments:

Post a Comment