I'm doing my back shift week at the moment which means that I have a lieu day off in the week and that day happened to be today. I joined up with Shozzer for a trip to Summer Leys though in fairness our efforts were not rewarded by anything really good. In muggy and sometimes overcast conditions the rarest thing we experienced were a few drops of rain, a very scarce commodity this summer!
My day began on a positive note when I saw a Hobby annoying the local House Martins around Corby Old Village, I sometimes see them in the autumn when I believe the juvenile martins might be the main attraction for them. Things subsequently began to go downhill when we headed off to Summer Leys where scarce or interesting birds totally eluded us although someone else did manage to see one of the reported Garganeys on the scrape. There were a few more interesting insects which included a trio of migrants with Clouded Yellow, Hummingbird Hawk-moth and Painted Lady being seen. Although we spent quite a long time mooching around the site we failed to add much else of note to our total and eventually opted to head towards the Coach and Horses in Wellingborough instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment